View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:08 PM

Mein Auto: Camry
Question Thinking of making a purchase

Hello all! This seems to be a great forum. I have done a quick search and gathered some good information but still had a few questions.

I am a delivery driver and my boss is getting ready to sell his 98-99 740il BMW. It is a beautiful car and I would really consider buying it if I know what to look for and the average cost of maintaining. I wont be using it to deliver anything but as my second car to drive around town/highway trips. He owns roughly 5 cars (range rover, toyota supra, F150, etc)

He keeps all of his cars in impeccable cosmetic shape but I was really wondering about mechanical issues. He said he has replaced the radiator, water pump, brakes, gaskets, and a few other things. I was wondering are there major problems that I will be running into that will end up costing me in the long run? The vehicle has roughly 130,000 miles on it and I believe he wants $7,000 for it. I think I can talk him down to $6,000 or so.

I just don't want to buy it for $6,000 and run into a common problem that will cost me a few thousand dollars. I know that BMW's are reliable machines and a blast to drive but I suppose maybe I am reaching a little here by trying to get a deal and might end up paying in the end? Any help is appreciated!
Ads by Google