View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 11:44 PM
Banned

Mein Auto: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Byork7 View Post
Haha whoops, my mistake. The lack of sleep may be getting to me. Yes 1-3 quarts makes much more sense. Ill be needing to fill up in the next day or two, so i will do this then. For the time being, im going to see if i can get my hands on some relays and a fuel pump off eBay (unless you recommend another website). Also, a question to whoever might be able to answer it. My E34 has a keyless entry system, but i was wanting to update the clickers. Both of mine are old, square and pretty beat up. The circuit board inside is rather big and trying to fit it in to another type key/clicker would be hard if not impossible. Would anyone know how i would go about making replacement clickers work? I assume as long as i can get my new clickers to activate the relay that unlocks my car and disarms the alarm ill be fine, but i have no idea how to do that. I should be sleeping as i have work in a few hours, but since i finally have free time im going to read through the stickies and search for parts. Very glad i stumbled upon this forum.
Only buy from Ebay if its marked oem. For our fuel pumps, the OEM manufacturers were Bosch and Piersburg. The oem for electrical relays were Bosch. OEM for crank sensors was Valeo (not sure). Ebay may be suspect sometimes, if you're not too familiar with names as yet. Suggest you goto websites such as rockauto and pelican parts. It might be pricier (not always actually) but these are items that you change once in 10 years so its well worth paying more for it. And if you purchase everything at one spot, you'll get shipping combined. Furthermore, these guys also sell things like seals, belts, etc, and you may get volume discounts.

No clue about your keyless system I'm afraid. Good night.