View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 06:31 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsor027 View Post
Better according to who? The ultimate test driver is you. The buyer. Not some dumbass in MT who can't figure out how to shift right in a manual car so he trashes it.
Exactly, I reserve my judgment after I test drive a 3.6. However reading others can offer knowledge as well.

I have not read ATS's lighter steering until now. It is one data point. Like one data point who said he had to slam the manual in the ATS in 4th gear at 55mph during the 0-60 run. All data require verification. But if enough people complain, the issue is more verified.

As far as 335i beating a CTS-V, whoever you are is a perfect example of a 3 driver fantasizing being a performance car driver, while never have driven in performance contests. Fits BJ's description of a 335i driver quite well.

It is embarrassing to see new 3 series lagging behind a 10 year old 325, or a Civic. At least I have some excuse being a 328i with soft suspension. But when the new BMW turbo I6s (not just one) with aftermarket tunes lag behind, you begin to ask, what happened to the ultimate driving machine?