View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 07:45 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2007 VW GTi
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
Exactly, I reserve my judgment after I test drive a 3.6. However reading others can offer knowledge as well.

I have not read ATS's lighter steering until now. It is one data point. Like one data point who said he had to slam the manual in the ATS in 4th gear at 55mph during the 0-60 run. All data require verification. But if enough people complain, the issue is more verified.

As far as 335i beating a CTS-V, whoever you are is a perfect example of a 3 driver fantasizing being a performance car driver, while never have driven in performance contests. Fits BJ's description of a 335i driver quite well.

It is embarrassing to see new 3 series lagging behind a 10 year old 325, or a Civic. At least I have some excuse being a 328i with soft suspension. But when the new BMW turbo I6s (not just one) with aftermarket tunes lag behind, you begin to ask, what happened to the ultimate driving machine?
Ok i will admit I kinda jumped the gun with the cts-v vs 335i but if I was to use YOUR track time formula its really close. I looked up the Nürburgring and the CTS-V ran a 7:59 and a e92 335i ran 8:26, the f30 suppose to be faster than e92.

I am still trying to figure out what u mean by lagging behind a 325 or civic? are u talking about AutoX???

by the way have you test driven the f30 335i sport as yet?