Thread: Brake Job FYI
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 AM
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg

Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegas645 View Post
What did you do to remedy the brake squeal? I did my rears 3 weeks ago and they only squeal when you first apply the brake and when the car is almost stopped. Before the car comes to a slow stop though it is smooth. I have power washed and performed 3 or 4 hard stops. It is less squeaky but it still squeaks!!

Any suggestions?
I just followed Yorgi,s DIY and have no problems. Ive always have done a through cleaning of parts before reinstalling on a vehicle. For any job I think that is one of the biggest things you can do....

Quote:
Originally Posted by pablo645 View Post
Nice job coug60! Now you have more money to spend on that bar tab . Nothing beats being able to do things yourself. I've always said that if I ever had the money do custom build my own house, one of the garage bay will have a lift in it for sure.
I have always liked working on my own cars but this is the first foreign car I've ever worked on. Its a good feeling to work on cars and do a good job. Having access to a lift and all the tools I need for any job makes a big difference though.....

Next job I think is some body styling.... And some seat work. I've worn a spont on my drivers seat from getting in and out of the car.....

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades