Thread: Brake Job FYI
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 08:57 AM
06 BMW 650i Sprt/Prem Pkg
Mein Auto: 2006 BMW 650i e64
Originally Posted by vegas645 View Post
What did you do to remedy the brake squeal? I did my rears 3 weeks ago and they only squeal when you first apply the brake and when the car is almost stopped. Before the car comes to a slow stop though it is smooth. I have power washed and performed 3 or 4 hard stops. It is less squeaky but it still squeaks!!

Any suggestions?
I just followed Yorgi,s DIY and have no problems. Ive always have done a through cleaning of parts before reinstalling on a vehicle. For any job I think that is one of the biggest things you can do....

Originally Posted by pablo645 View Post
Nice job coug60! Now you have more money to spend on that bar tab . Nothing beats being able to do things yourself. I've always said that if I ever had the money do custom build my own house, one of the garage bay will have a lift in it for sure.
I have always liked working on my own cars but this is the first foreign car I've ever worked on. Its a good feeling to work on cars and do a good job. Having access to a lift and all the tools I need for any job makes a big difference though.....

Next job I think is some body styling.... And some seat work. I've worn a spont on my drivers seat from getting in and out of the car.....

2006 BMW 650i Sport/Premium Package
+ Various Mods & Upgrades