View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 02:46 PM
BMW ****ie

Mein Auto: 530i Sport Package
I honestly can't think of a single car to compare the 530i to. When I think I do I realize comparable cars lack one or two key features.

Far as I can tell the leather in my 530i is second to none! I've had leather seats that peel or crack. Some would be too hot to sit on in the summer. Some would tear. The BMW leather is the best I've ever experienced in a car seat as far as durability, style, and comfort (all combined).

For a sedan the handling is off the chain.

A simple thing that amazes me is the feel of the steering wheel during turns. I have zero clue to what mechanics go into my steering system but it feels freakin PERFECT in every form of turn to include parking! Not too stiff and not too loose. I'm talking PERFECT feel!

I recall the old luxury cars one could turn the wheel with the friction between their index finger and the wheel (way too loose). I also had a 1978 280-Z with rack and pinion steering. That sucked when turning the wheel from a dead stop. You had to put your back into the turn to get out of a parallel parking spot. It felt great on the road though. Good road feedback.

Last edited by seemyad; 09-28-2012 at 06:52 PM.