View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 04:17 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leekay07 View Post
A week a go i had my wheels road forced balanced and they insisted that I had a bad tire and it needed replacing. Well I had it replaced.

Now my car shudders from 62-80mph

I had an indy replace my drive belt tensioner, Oil filter housing gasket, and mecatronic seal and they also replaced my tranny fluid.

Now my issue is I asked him to check my wheel bearings and he said they are fine. So now I am at a lose whats causing the shudder. It can be seen in the wheel too it moves left to right.
I am beginging to think i should just replace my rotors. They dont feel warped but what else could it be at this point.
If you had the tire/wheel assembly checked on a Hunter "road force" 9700/9712, this machine should have been able to diagnose the problem. The machine, however, needs periodic software upgrades...calibration, and is only as good as the skill of the operator....and then they have to apply the "correcting" weights properly.

Sounds like someone doesn't know how to use the machine if they gave a "pass" to the second, replacement tire IMO.

Do you remember how many "pounds force" the first and 2nd tire had before and "after" alleged correction? Did they find any contribution of the wheel to the problem? This machine (if indeed the Hunter machine) can easily detect out-of-round wheels.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA