Thread: Z4 Coupe (E86) 2007 Z4 M Coupe
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2012, 10:13 PM
Forever Fast

Mein Auto: '06 M Coupe, '08 K12S
My car spends more time on the track than the road these days, and I'm still on stock suspension. Sure, I should probably change it soon, but it has served me VERY well over many track days and mountain roads for the past 6 years. If you are not doing it for the lowered look, and considering what you want to use her for, I think you should leave messing with the suspension for later. Do get the TMS camber kit though. That helps sharpen the front-end for very little cost.

If I could only do one thing to a Z4M and cost wasn't a big factor, it would be to supercharge it. For you that means headers too I believe..... But that's just me. Although I notice others also feel, after installing the supercharger, that this is the way the car should and come to begin with. Beware though, if you start tracking the car, after supercharging you will soon need a big brake kit.

Shipkiller's advice regarding a track day is excellent and if you plan to do that, I wouldn't do a thing to the car before your first time out. I'd ignore shipkillers advice on an SSK though. Far more trouble than it's worth IMO.

EDIT: On second thoughts, if I could only do one thing and I wasn't tracking the car, I'd probably do the exhaust. Nothing adds to the excitement like a louder soundtrack.
2006 IBlue BMW Z4 MC (OZ spec) - ESS VT2-525 Supercharged, JRZ RS1 suspension (500#F, 600#R) with Vorshlag plates, ST Trophy BBK with CL R6E pads, KKS gated exhaust, TMS sway bars, RE rear camber arms, VT engine mounts, Recaro Pole Position (driver), APR GT wing, Street: Volk G2s and Potenza, Track: Volk TE37SLs and BFG R1s.

Last edited by Hoops432; 09-28-2012 at 10:15 PM.