View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 07:25 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2011 328i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
I owned a 2006 CTS that other than an alignment issue (dealer problem) ran flawlessly. Great engine and tranny. The more recent models have much better interiors. Despite the childish comments on this forum Cadillac is making the best cars in their history. Keep in mind that 4 years ago GM was nearly out of business and had very limited r and d funding.
Unfortunately though, this segment is so competitive, making the best car in Caddy's history is not enough, if the best Caddy in the history lags behind other brands.

On the other hand, the new 3 is clearly more refined and consistent in its drivetrain delivery. I think that alone will appeal to a larger audience in this segment, with the caveat that someone who ranks drivetrain refinement at the top of the list, have many brands to choose from. And if driving dynamics or fun factor is your priority, the field narrows significantly.

The initial reviews seem to suggest that BMW is trying to go after that larger audience, Caddy is trying to capture the more enthusiast oriented group. Whether they succeed or not is yet to come.

Last edited by dtc100; 09-29-2012 at 07:31 AM.