View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 11:12 AM

Mein Auto: 335i
Quote:
Originally Posted by O2Drift View Post
Very helpful discussion. I will line up a back to back comparison for my wife and myself with a Luxury Line and a Sport Line. I briefly drove a Sport Line on local streets and found the ride to be comfortable, definitely not jarring. Unfortunately a Luxury with adaptive suspension is not available to test. If we go with the Sport I will think carefully before checking the box for DHP. If Luxury seems the best choice (given a potential spousal compromise) I plan to add DHP. Thanks for the thoughtful discussion. Marc
i went through an identical scenario months ago when I put in my order for a 335i. Apart from wanting automatic, my wife insisted on getting saddle brown interior which was only available on the luxuryline.... it was either that or no Bimmer !

So i put off the decision for a few months as I would not compromise on the driving charecteristics and my wife would not budge from the saddle brown.... Thinking it was a lost cause , I gave up on the idea and relegated myself to driving my faithful Midsize sedan ( that shall not be named . Then one of the CA's I was in touch with calledto let me know that they had a 335i luxury line with DHP and insisted I come down for a TD. The DHP makes a world of a difference .... the suspension is lowered by 10 mm ( identical to the sportsline and M sport ) and you get sport + ( again identical to the sportline ) and you have the option of a comfort mode( for all of us that are not as fortunate to have silk roads like our brothers on the west coast ) and ....... you have a much wider range of options to choose from (thanks to BMW's retrictive ideologies car options....sheesh ) . Yes you do loose out on the really nice sport seats and the sport transmission but that for me was a fair compromise.

So in effect I ended up ordering a car that both of us were happy with..... and I should mention that i'm not someone who would buy a bimmer just to see the roundel in my garage , I was a profesional go kart driver for 12 years and train newbie / wannabe car enthusiasts on track days. I would never never settle on a car that was less then perfect..... you'll understand if you're a car enthusiast and If I told you that my other option was A BRZ and the car I test drove narrowly lost out to the BRZ in terms of handling and fun to drive quotient ( which itself was ranked 4th in a recent motor trend best drivers car shootout amongst cars that cost atleast 5 times as much )

Hope this helps !

Last edited by doc_maverick; 09-29-2012 at 11:13 AM.