View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 01:59 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by z51vette View Post
This, directly from the owner's manual:

Again, I don't like pointing things out in BMW's literature because I don't need a manual to tell me what my A** is feeling. Those "spring motions" the manual is referring to is what I absolutely hated about the regular suspension, especially with the 20" wheels. I found it to be absolutely intolerable around my NYC neighborhood. I take my car off-road almost daily and I can tell you that the Self Leveling suspension is a lot more comfortable than the Standard fare.

The ride also feels more sporty and lighter. I'm guessing that's why it is standard with the M-Sport Package. Also, in the 2012 and on, Self Leveling is the standard suspension with M-Sport. Unlike the 2011 and prior which had Adaptive Drive with M-sport.
Before I jump in here, I wanted to say the manual image is broken. Secondly z51 could you describe specially on a new post what you felt on your experience with the diesel vs 5.0. (sorry if I'm asking for too much).

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!