View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 03:07 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_maverick View Post
i went through an identical scenario months ago when I put in my order for a 335i. Apart from wanting automatic, my wife insisted on getting saddle brown interior which was only available on the luxuryline.... it was either that or no Bimmer !

So i put off the decision for a few months as I would not compromise on the driving charecteristics and my wife would not budge from the saddle brown.... Thinking it was a lost cause , I gave up on the idea and relegated myself to driving my faithful Midsize sedan ( that shall not be named . Then one of the CA's I was in touch with calledto let me know that they had a 335i luxury line with DHP and insisted I come down for a TD. The DHP makes a world of a difference .... the suspension is lowered by 10 mm ( identical to the sportsline and M sport ) and you get sport + ( again identical to the sportline ) and you have the option of a comfort mode( for all of us that are not as fortunate to have silk roads like our brothers on the west coast ) and ....... you have a much wider range of options to choose from (thanks to BMW's retrictive ideologies car options....sheesh ) . Yes you do loose out on the really nice sport seats and the sport transmission but that for me was a fair compromise.

So in effect I ended up ordering a car that both of us were happy with..... and I should mention that i'm not someone who would buy a bimmer just to see the roundel in my garage , I was a profesional go kart driver for 12 years and train newbie / wannabe car enthusiasts on track days. I would never never settle on a car that was less then perfect..... you'll understand if you're a car enthusiast and If I told you that my other option was A BRZ and the car I test drove narrowly lost out to the BRZ in terms of handling and fun to drive quotient ( which itself was ranked 4th in a recent motor trend best drivers car shootout amongst cars that cost atleast 5 times as much )

Hope this helps !
Great info!! Thanks for posting. I'm glad to hear some confirmation about the lowered suspension. I would also get the ZDH even in a Sport or M Sport line car to be able to choose the various settings independently.

I concur regarding the seats. Especially the new seats in the F30. They are a significant improvement over previous non-sport seats. OP, if the Luxury or Modern line makes your wife happy don't let the seats be a deterrent.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **