View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 04:07 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by doc_maverick View Post
i went through an identical scenario months ago when I put in my order for a 335i. Apart from wanting automatic, my wife insisted on getting saddle brown interior which was only available on the luxuryline.... it was either that or no Bimmer !

So i put off the decision for a few months as I would not compromise on the driving charecteristics and my wife would not budge from the saddle brown.... Thinking it was a lost cause , I gave up on the idea and relegated myself to driving my faithful Midsize sedan ( that shall not be named . Then one of the CA's I was in touch with calledto let me know that they had a 335i luxury line with DHP and insisted I come down for a TD. The DHP makes a world of a difference .... the suspension is lowered by 10 mm ( identical to the sportsline and M sport ) and you get sport + ( again identical to the sportline ) and you have the option of a comfort mode( for all of us that are not as fortunate to have silk roads like our brothers on the west coast ) and ....... you have a much wider range of options to choose from (thanks to BMW's retrictive ideologies car options....sheesh ) . Yes you do loose out on the really nice sport seats and the sport transmission but that for me was a fair compromise.

So in effect I ended up ordering a car that both of us were happy with..... and I should mention that i'm not someone who would buy a bimmer just to see the roundel in my garage , I was a profesional go kart driver for 12 years and train newbie / wannabe car enthusiasts on track days. I would never never settle on a car that was less then perfect..... you'll understand if you're a car enthusiast and If I told you that my other option was A BRZ and the car I test drove narrowly lost out to the BRZ in terms of handling and fun to drive quotient ( which itself was ranked 4th in a recent motor trend best drivers car shootout amongst cars that cost atleast 5 times as much )

Hope this helps !
Great info!! Thanks for posting. I'm glad to hear some confirmation about the lowered suspension. I would also get the ZDH even in a Sport or M Sport line car to be able to choose the various settings independently.

I concur regarding the seats. Especially the new seats in the F30. They are a significant improvement over previous non-sport seats. OP, if the Luxury or Modern line makes your wife happy don't let the seats be a deterrent.

Then and Than are different words and they are not interchangeable.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **