View Single Post
Old 09-29-2012, 10:31 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: X3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vortec4800 View Post
Oh ok, well if it's a retrofit I have no idea.

Either way the 30-pin to lightning adapter doesn't do iPod out, so that wouldn't work anyhow. I'd say try to use the normal cable.
Okay, I found a solution - using the normal cable AND using a stereo patch cable to connect the headphone out of the iPhone 5 to the 1/8" jack in my console. Now the audio from any audio type BMW Apps (web radio, MOG, Pandora) comes out of the car system rather than the iPhone. So that is great! Also, the iPhone5 also shows up as an external device so that can be accessed, and I get the album covers too.

SO, that is great except for one thing... when I connect the iPhone5 to the USB in the console, the bluetooth audio connection is disabled. That shouldn't be a problem and I don't believe it affects the telephone function (that I did not check b/c I don't use the iPhone for the phone service, I use another cell phone) but it might affect others.

Maybe the adaptor will allow both USB and bluetooth audio connection to coexist? Then again, if the telephone function still works, I guess it's moot.

Anyway, just pointing that out because a message appears on the iDrive screen telling you that the bluetooth audio connect is being disconnected due to the USB audio connection (which I don't fully understand because it's obvious I'm getting the audio through the 1/8" jack and not the USB connection).

But for now, everything is great now. Just a few more wires that I'd like, but it's ok.