View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 03:59 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwashcycle View Post
I have searched all over for a picture of what a leaking valve cover gasket looks like from the perspective of someone popping open the hood.
Following instructions in the first thread of this forum, I typed /vcg F3 in the bestlinks, which found tutorials and videos galore:
- How to replace the E39 V8 valve cover gasket (1) (2) (3) (4) (540 pdf) (E38) (E38 pdf) & VCG DIYs for the E39 I6 M54 (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (2004 E46 video) (another E46 video) (yet another E46 video) & which VCG brand to buy (1) (2) & what VCG lubricants to use (1) & how to replace the timing chain tensioner and rail guide on the I6 (1) & on the M62 (1) & on the M62TU (1) (2) (3)

Quote:
Currently, droplets of oil are gathering where the black plastic of the top engine cover ends on the passenger side.
Here's a picture of my leaking VCG on the passenger side from my belt drive overhaul DIY:
- Failed alternator and a subsequent belt drive system overhaul DIY (1)

(ignore the caption as I'm re-using the picture from post #110)

Quote:
either a belt or the CCV
And, this thread, found by typing /ccv F3 in the bestlinks, will help with the CCV:
- How to test the crankcase ventilation (aka CCV, CVV, PCV, CPV, & OSV) pressure regulating valve system (1)
Your job, in return, is to read the suggested threads, where the best people will always add value to those threads, either by pictures or by descriptions, so the next person with the same problem stands on your shoulders.
See also: E39 Bestlinks & How to easily find what you need

Last edited by bluebee; 09-30-2012 at 04:00 AM.