View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 03:59 AM
Seek to understand,^Value

Mein Auto: 02 BMW 525i M54 auto 130K
Quote:
Originally Posted by superwashcycle View Post
I have searched all over for a picture of what a leaking valve cover gasket looks like from the perspective of someone popping open the hood.
Following instructions in the first thread of this forum, I typed /vcg F3 in the bestlinks, which found tutorials and videos galore:
- How to replace the E39 V8 valve cover gasket (1) (2) (3) (4) (540 pdf) (E38) (E38 pdf) & VCG DIYs for the E39 I6 M54 (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (2004 E46 video) (another E46 video) (yet another E46 video) & which VCG brand to buy (1) (2) & what VCG lubricants to use (1) & how to replace the timing chain tensioner and rail guide on the I6 (1) & on the M62 (1) & on the M62TU (1) (2) (3)

Quote:
Currently, droplets of oil are gathering where the black plastic of the top engine cover ends on the passenger side.
Here's a picture of my leaking VCG on the passenger side from my belt drive overhaul DIY:
- Failed alternator and a subsequent belt drive system overhaul DIY (1)

(ignore the caption as I'm re-using the picture from post #110)

Quote:
either a belt or the CCV
And, this thread, found by typing /ccv F3 in the bestlinks, will help with the CCV:
- How to test the crankcase ventilation (aka CCV, CVV, PCV, CPV, & OSV) pressure regulating valve system (1)

Last edited by bluebee; 09-30-2012 at 04:00 AM.