View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 12:13 PM

Mein Auto: F07 2010 550I GT Xdrive
Thumbs up Dinan Stage II

I'm one of those former wagon owners who moved to the 550GT. Must say I was a bit disappointed by the performance, as my 540I Wagon (with a Dinan performance upgrade) was FASTER in some situations, like passing... And, the gas mileage was averaging under 17Mpg while my wagon had run about 22mpg overall.

So, I went for the Dinan stage II upgrade and WOW! This is the kind of performance I would have liked to see out of the chute. In Drive mode, it is very luxurious and a little stodgy; you have to really stomp on it to wake up the turbos and get some serious power.

On the other hand, Sport mode turns it into a whole different car: a SPORTS car! Better performance across the board, maybe a little too much so for the wife Shifting, acceleration, suspension, everything works better with the Dinan upgrade!

The added bonus: my first road trip I stayed in Drive mode and drove 70mph road miles for a tank of gas. My mileage was 24.95mpg!

Now my overall AVERAGE is 18.6mpg, I have had it up as high as 19mpg overall - nearly what the wagon would do.

The mileage is very directly tied to driving style now.

And it is fast. Very, very, fast! No question it would blow the doors off my old wagon.

I highly recommend the expensive Dinan upgrade, will pay for itself in gas and grins!