View Single Post
Old 09-30-2012, 10:25 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2013 BMW 550i
Not sure why MB would make leather an option for the E350. We had to order our 2011 E350 because we wanted leather. That's a joke. But we ended up selling it recently to move back to a BMW.

I used to love MBs. But the current MB designs just lost me as a customer. They still have that vault-like feel but the material and design went south. That's just my opinion in comparing the current models with their previous generation. Just compare the W211 and the W212. The former had much more MB qualities. The rear folding headrest was a hallmark in my opinion for the E and why they got rid of it for the W212 is beyond me. They replaced the golf tee-like door pins which were also a MB hallmark and replaced it with some cheap ones. Also, I cannot stand the column shifter. Am I driving a Buick? Do I need all that center console space so I can set up for a picnic on my drive? I can go on and on but any one who owned a previous generation MB understand my point. Look at the C Class and compare the W203 with the current W204. The CLK was much better looking than the current E coupe. The current E coupe looks like a roach. I have faith in MB, I hope they will revamp their models some time in the near future to win back some of their lost customers.

2013 BMW 550i
Titanium Silver | Black | M Sport

Last edited by Decboy; 09-30-2012 at 10:26 PM.