View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:07 AM

Mein Auto: BMW X3
Smile X3 Coolant Issue

Guys thanks so much for reaching out to me. Your feedback really helped and I learned that airports have vehicle emergency service. Had no idea about that. Well made it back to Atlanta and poured some water into the expansion tank. There was no immediate leak so I jumped in and drove slowly to the nearest BMW dealer about 9 miles, keeping an eye on the temp gauge which remained normal. Interestingly the coolant light was coming on then off.

Anyway, turns out there was a crack in the Expansion tank and a faulty thermostat. The dealer replaced the Expansion tank, radiator cap, thermostat and coolant. They also found the oil filter housing gasket leaking and oil cooler gasket leaking (I copied this straight from the service report since it makes no sense to me), both of which were replaced. I had to leave the car overnight and drove the cutest little Mini Cooper for a loaner. Good part is the warranty covered the repairs and I was able to get on with my life.

I cannot say thanks enough for this forum and your help guys in educating me not to mention keeping me sane while I was away. Thanks again...Kate

Last edited by Kate33; 10-01-2012 at 08:08 AM.