View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 F80 M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by bm323 View Post
Well, it is faster than some Porsches 7:55 was the first timing on a known lap; it has now a number of lap times http://www.fastestlaps.com/cars/bmw_m5_f10.html

ps why did you purchase the F10 previously, and not the M3 or other cars like a Porsche, (used) Ferrari/Porsche/Lambo etc? Did you own an E60 before the F10?
First, if you think lap times on the ring have any meaning to how I rate a car you've misunderstood pretty much everything.

Second, I need 4 doors and don't buy used cars. I don't trust them and for me personally there is high value and satisfaction in taking delivery of a new car and knowing everything about the cars history. My target was mid-size sedans and BMW made the best available and it used to be "sporty" enough. The F10 might still be best in biz but it's no longer sporty enough, hence I needed to drop one size. I'm glad I did, the E90 M3 is very good. The M5 might be a sporty enough compromise but at $100k+ it's no longer enough. At that price I want a true sports car not a compromise.

Last edited by solstice; 10-01-2012 at 09:59 AM.