View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:14 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Send a message via Yahoo to Newbie528
Mein Auto: Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveDriver View Post
You pose an interesting question there Newbie528 --

"So, what's your theory now guys? Reason I ask is to see what's newer out there compared to the E39 within say, $15K range, with low miles, easy on gas (not a V8), but still holds and handles well, and doesn't lack the character of E39."

It's really unfair to compare a fairly priced e39 with any car that sells in the $15K range.

At that price point, I want reliability. You'd probably be looking at one of the high end Japanese sporty cars. I've seen the Acura NSX Selling for a little more than $15K-$20K perhaps something like that would fit the bill. A Lexus SC maybe. But my 528, even with the standard maintenence included over the next few years, would only be little more than half of $15K.

You know what would be cool.....there's a guy in Ocean County who does the Ferrari Kit Body over a Fiero frame.......why not just go all to helll with it !?!?
I see your point But say, I have about $15K to spend...what can I get that's similar to E39 530i. And I don't mean NXS types, or Lexus SC, or Altima, Camry either. Those could be had almost new for 15K. I mean a 4 door sedan, that is newer, low miles, will last a while, and has similar personality to the E39 530i (possibly German or Japanse, luxury sport sedan type).

Last edited by Newbie528; 10-01-2012 at 10:18 AM.