View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:23 AM

Mein Auto: 2013 X3 35i M-sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by lbjgh View Post
Jen, I just picked up a set of Sottozero/ BMW 307 rims package from a local dealership. They were last year's stock so I saved $1100 over the current price of $3700.

To be honest I would have preferred Blizzaks because of our previous experiences with that tire and its excellent winter grip.

From online reviews, the Sottozero should be a better cold weather tire both in wet & dry conditions while not being as good as the Blizzaks in the deep snow. The all wheel drive should compensate for the deep snow conditions though.

Here is a youtube video showing the Sottozero's on an X3:
lbjgh...what dealership did you use in the GTA. I have just been told that I have to go with the 18" tires for my 35i (M-sport). BMW Autohaus will let me know tomorrow if they have last year's package in stock. I don't want to pay $3,700 for a winter package. I'll go to Tire Rack first. So I'm looking for a saving and hope it's not too late!

Are you able to confirm that our 35i's have to go with 18" wheels. I've now spoken to two different GTA dealerships and they're both telling me the same thing. Bigger brakes (I think callipers) come with the 35i.