View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 11:42 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Holden Wagon & Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by shooney View Post
Hello,

I am a new member of bimmerfest. I recently noticed that the passenger side fog lens of my 2011 X5 was cracked (maybe by a rock). I called the dealer and they are asking $380 for replacement (including labor). I found a used OEM part on ebay for $89 which I just ordered. I also ordered the tools that were mentioned in the post (total $25).
With the help of this post I'm positive that I would be able to change the fog light myself. The post has been very helpful and it is sincerely appreciated.

Before going through this post, I had taken the plastic grill out and put my iphone in to make a video of the assembly and to locate the screws. It was very helpful. I can't wait for the shipment to arrive so that I can fix it myself

Again a big thank you to "jashearer" for this post and pictures. It is really helpful. The biggest motivation is that someone was able to do it without any instructions so why can't I after beautifully described step by step process.

Keep up the good work

Regards!
Shooney
$380 :o

Your very welcome. Re-visit and be sure to add anything if you think it would help someone else after you get done with yours.

I forgot to put a picture of a bottle of your favorite IPA (or Hefe since its German) next to the necessary tools

Jay