View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 02:35 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW4grrl View Post
My mechanic spoke with his dealership service contact and here's what he found out. Both the 28i and 35i have the same brake part #'s. However, for the 28i "part" it says for 28i only. So he's just as confused.

He suggested to get on the phone with Tire Rack. They recommend both the 17" and 18" wheels for the 35i. I'll go over all this with them and find out why they are listing the 17" as an option. If they will accept the 17" back if they don't fit and pick up the shipping I think Ill do that.

He said that I should think twice about buying last years wheel packages. The tires are probably 2-3 years old which will lessen their useful life to me. I am not sure how relevant this is to me. My last set of winter tires were driven for 9 seasons and had about 45,000 KM on them. I think they would have just take me through one more winter.
Thanks for the update and still don't understand their rationale on why the 17" won't fit. I also don't understand the shelf life of winter tires, especially when they are unused and new.

Mechanics wonder why their reputations are not very good. I still wonder if my 17" winters are a good deal when they might be a year+ old.