View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 07:01 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: x3
Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW4grrl View Post
Hi guys, I called Tire Rack today.

They said they would guarantee that the 17" wheels would fit my 35i. I questioned them, went over the whole bigger brake thing and they said that they have done their due diligence and if the website says my car, trim level, etc. will accept the smaller wheels than it's a sure thing. It's nice to know that they will stand behind what they recommend.

So here's my dilema...we all are pretty sure that 17" will fit. Should I risk it and buy the $2,300 set from Autohaus or go with Tire Rack. After freight and duty the price difference is only $200! I can choose rims that will accept the BMW centre cap so they will look factory.

I guess all sales are final on the $2,300 set. The last thing I would want to do is have to sell them.
Try BMW Canada. I had a similar tire problem with my Mercedes and called the help desk for an opinion.

I know so little about cars and would believe anything mechanics say. Interesting Tire Rack say they work, but the BMW dealership would advise otherwise.

Don't worry about the caps. They're standard size and you can purchase them for about $15 each.