View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 08:27 PM

Mein Auto: 2009 BMW X5 xDrive 3.0i
More updates. After the BMW service center diagnosed the problem with the sensors they charged me $730 to replace the Vanos sensors. I spoke to two people including the manager of the service center to confirm that the sensors caused the surge/un-intended acceleration (exact wording on the service record that they gave me) and I was reassured that the answer is yes. I got the X3 back and called BMW Canada and complained, as a simple sensor failure should not have such a significant consequence. After a week they called me back and said their engineers assessed the issue and they believe that there is no way that the failure of Vanos sensors could have caused the unintended acceleration! Which BMW do I believe? I called the BMW service center and asked for re-imbursement for their wrong diagnosis (according to BMW Canada) but so far to no avail. I am very disappointed with BMW Canada and the way they are handling this case. The BMW Canada representative that I spoke to refused to let me speak to his supervisor. I will give them another week before I pursue legal action. BMWs are great cars but this kind of customer service is unacceptable.