View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 10:22 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2010 335d
Quote:
Originally Posted by astirling View Post
I'm guessing you have the BMW apps option? Not every car does this and people were hoping that calendar and email functionality would work via bluetooth instead as it does with Blackberrys. Personally I'm not keen on using the docking station because I probably wouldn't bother to plug and unplug my phone every time I got in the car. I have an ipod touch permanently connected for music and I just keep my phone in my pocket. Lazy I know....
At present, I have been able to test and demonstrate that the limited support for MAP in iOS v. 6.0 on an iP5 occurs when the iP5 is communicating with the car via Bluetooth. Same for Android v. 4.0.4 on a GS III. The iP5 and GS III are VZW editions. There may be differences in Bluetooth stack in the GS IIIs, since VZW was guilty of implementing a slimmed down Bluetooth stack back when the Palm Treo smartphones were the rage. I was hoping to get access to a Sprint edition GS III to see if there was full support for MAP (e-mail + text display), but so far, no joy.