View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Lost but making good time

Mein Auto: '11 335xi Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Happy Birthday to your beautiful Individual 335! So glad to see it now has the proper lighting controller.
Thanks Kat! Although it was the car's birthday I confess I bought a little something for myself, too: A set of trim removal tools. After all, I had to do the job right. (The right tools did make pulling that vent trim considerably less nerve-wracking.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat
When I just need a few minutes of bliss, I still close my eyes and listen to your take offs from dead stops on the way up to the Mt. Washington Hotel. I still want to know what your average monthly gasoline bill runs.
CtoC4 was such a perfect day, I felt I would accrue bad karma if I did not make my full contribution to the soundtrack! I don't normally launch the car as hard (or as often) as I did that day, but I do ensure the tachometer needle makes regular visits to the upper third of the dial. I am a firm believer in Italian tune-ups--regular exercise for peak fitness!

Long-term, I'm averaging about 22mpg overall. The fuel bills run about $300/month, give or take. If I really try (and I mean no-fun-whatsoever try) I can eke out maybe 24-25mpg combined--my city/highway commuting mix doesn't allow much better. For the small difference in cost, I'd rather enjoy life!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnotherGeezer View Post
Hey, at least we Cali natives know how to get the images out of our cameras in a timely fashion!
I'd all but forgotten about the pictures! What's going on, DSX--the goat eat your SD card?!

N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of break-in...you can guess what came next. BMW CCA