View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:06 AM
Lost but making good time
Mein Auto: '11 335xi 4dr; '03 330Ci
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat View Post
Happy Birthday to your beautiful Individual 335! So glad to see it now has the proper lighting controller.
Thanks Kat! Although it was the car's birthday I confess I bought a little something for myself, too: A set of trim removal tools. After all, I had to do the job right. (The right tools did make pulling that vent trim considerably less nerve-wracking.)
Originally Posted by Nordic_Kat
When I just need a few minutes of bliss, I still close my eyes and listen to your take offs from dead stops on the way up to the Mt. Washington Hotel. I still want to know what your average monthly gasoline bill runs.
CtoC4 was such a perfect day, I felt I would accrue bad karma if I did not make my full contribution to the soundtrack! I don't normally launch the car as hard (or as often) as I did that day, but I do ensure the tachometer needle makes regular visits to the upper third of the dial. I am a firm believer in Italian tune-ups--regular exercise for peak fitness!

Long-term, I'm averaging about 22mpg overall. The fuel bills run about $300/month, give or take. If I really try (and I mean no-fun-whatsoever try) I can eke out maybe 24-25mpg combined--my city/highway commuting mix doesn't allow much better. For the small difference in cost, I'd rather enjoy life!

Originally Posted by AnotherGeezer View Post
Hey, at least we Cali natives know how to get the images out of our cameras in a timely fashion!
I'd all but forgotten about the pictures! What's going on, DSX--the goat eat your SD card?!
2011 335xi Individual 6MT - Azurite Black Metallic / Oyster & Black / Anthracite Maple + all the good stuff
2003 330Ci Sport 5MT - Black Sapphire Metallic / Natural Brown / Myrtle + the important stuff

N47 35' 30.13" E11 10' 33.36" - End of can guess what came next. BMW CCA