View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 09:33 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012-535i
A lot of friends of mine who used to work at BMW have left and gone to work at a really great Mercedes dealer nearby. Although Iíve never been a MB fan these guys and this dealer are fantastic so my wife and I drove over there to let them try to talk me into an E350. I forced myself to have as open a mind as is possible after having at the time eight previous BMWís.

They had a pretty well equipped E350 ready for me to drive and they sent us out with a very well qualified salesman. It drove OK but felt kind of boring and just wasnít anything special at all. I found myself trying to talk myself into it for the reasons I went out there in the first place but I couldnít get past that stupid gear shift up on the column. My wife reminded me how I talked myself into a Lexus back in the late 90ís and how I decided I hated that car before I made it completely off of the dealerís property.

My friends tried to get me to take one home for the weekend and reminded me they would of course make the dollars right as I know they would have but I just couldnít get past that ridiculous column gear shift so I declined.

So maybe I paid a little more for the 535 but everytime I see an E350 Iím actually happy that it had the column shifter or I might have talked myself into it and felt like I did about that Lexus. That is counting the days until I could get rid of it and get back into a BMW. As it turns out this 535 is the very best driving BMW Iíve ever had and after 4-1/2 months I look for reasons to go drive it somewhere.