View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 12:25 PM
Test... 1, 2 ,3

Mein Auto: 2015 320i
Quote:
Originally Posted by E36toF30 View Post
Many of us have complained about the restrictive interior options on BMWNA's "Lines". I agree that it's annoying, but I can also kind of see why BMWNA did this. If you could get any interior on any line, there would be a much larger number of build combinations. What I'm proposing is the following: offer saddle brown leather on the M sport line instead of beige. From what I've seen, beige is not very popular on the M sport line, whereas many/most of the luxury lines I've seen have saddle brown. Advantages:

- Finally possible to get saddle on a sport/M sport car, which is probably the #1 specific complaint I've heard related to restrictive interior options.
- Number of build combinations remains the same.
- Some people might get M sport instead of a sport line just to get saddle brown, which means more $$ for BMWNA.
- Others who were already planning to get M sport might upgrade from leatherette to leather just to get this color. I would probably have done this if it were possible (again, more $$ for BMWNA).
- Luxury line maintains an exclusive combination of saddle brown + anthracite wood trim (probably the best looking interior combo in my opinion).
- BJ would not have had to pretend to like the Luxury line when he secretly hates it

Anyone else think this is a great idea and pretty much a win/win for everyone?
Fixed.

Outside the USA there are no such leather colors (neither for Sport Seats) restrictions with the Lines.