View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 01:15 PM
Swedish Murder Machine

Mein Auto: 328i x-drive
Honestly I think it's a preferences thing. When the journalists test drove the F30 at Laguna Seca I'm pretty sure the cars had DH and they had no complaints about it, and they were driving on a track at speeds that would probably not be wise to drive at on public roads.

From what I read about the DH it was sampling on each wheel at something like 100 times a second, so it is hard to believe that there's a 500 ms "lag time" in the system processing. If that were true, at 100 miles per hour, the car would have traveled over 600 feet between the time road imperfections were detected and the system reacting, which is a bit much to swallow.

Is there lag time? Probably. Is it 500ms? Highly unlikely.

For me, the primary reason that I wanted DH is that I wanted a better suspension than the stock suspension that would otherwise have come with the x-drive car. Additionally, I like the fact that I get a compliant ride in "comfort" mode and get a sportier ride in sport mode. For me, driving the windy canyons I am familiar with, the adaptive-m suspension seems at least as good as the sport suspension equipped F30 I have driven on the same road and MUCH better than either the stock suspension on the F30 or the sport suspension on my A4 which was very stiff.

Last edited by voip-ninja; 10-02-2012 at 01:17 PM.