Thread: tire rotation
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi m sport
tire rotation

had my car in for service yesterday.
its one year old. 5,000 miles.

they had to do a minor repair on the driver seat.
i requested an oil change and tire rotation.
i also asked to reprogram the stop start button to go to last setting on startup.

came away 2 out of 4.
oil change,reprogram,no problem.

tire rotation,advised they dont do them.
reason given. it causes more problems then it solves. dont know exactly what that means.
i called good year. they said rotate them. tommorow il call the service manager and get more info on why bmw wont rotate them. if they still refuse,and dont provide an explanation that makes any sense,il just get it done on the outside.

is tire rotation or lack of it a bmw policy or a dealership policy?

the seat repair another disappointment.
from delivery i had a horizontal crease in the leather of the bolster panel.
service manager inspected it claimed it wasnt the leather that was creased it was the foam underneath the covering that was causing the crease. he ordered the new foam. it came in he installed it. i picked up the car the crease is still in the leather. the right thing would have been to order and replace the foam and the covering. they chose not to,now the panel with the visible crease looks the same as it did before the repair. i have new foam that i cant see and an old crease in the leather that i can.

one other point worth mentioning.
i was given a 528 loaner .
getting in and out the wheel would go up for easier exit from the car,and would lower back into position when starting up the car.i blieve it called its called the easy entry exit feature. i never even knew i had it.i was aware i had a power adjustable wheel,but it seems the position i keep my wheel set at does not engage the feature.
Ads by Google