View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 03:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: A box with 4 circles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SENATOR_77 View Post
Hello all,

We picked up our new X3 28i(wife's car!), and today is one week since I have been driving it with more than 500 kilometers on it.

The car drives way better than what I was predicting.

Surprisingly I am already used to start/stop function and don't mind it at all.

I have been keeping the RPM below 3000 while driving sofar and try to drive it smooth until first 2000 kilometers.

I have few questions that may sound very basic to some of you, but it would be great to get feedback from anyone here.

1)Is it true if I proceed an oil change around 2000 kilometers based on thinking that metal debris can clean out this way and help the engine break in better?is it going to effect my warranty?

2)Is there xenon light bulbs available for foglamps if I want to change it out?

3)Service department rep at the local dealer(same girl 3 times) told me that the smallest rim size I can put on this car with winter tires is 17" and it is alloy, but I want to know if I can mount 17" steel rims for winter?

4)I priced a set of 19" M double spoke 369 for summer and I am wondering if I can purchase four of them at the lower price compare to dealer?

By the way, I may have my 18" wheels and tires for sale if I purchase 17" rims for winter.

Cheers,
Congrats on the purchase!
1) this a great debate on every car forum I have been on. Bottom line, it depends on the owner. If your the type of person who believes that you want to keep that car after warranty, and like to do preventive maintainence then go for it. If your a lease, who cares, and if you trust the warranty, then don't.

2)try the usual bummer light aftermarket companies. See what they have.

3) the basic way to do this, is see how the load specs and dimmensions are for the Steele. If they match then your ok, but if you want to save time, just pick up the cheapest alloys you can on tireack or similar dealer (since they have your car specs on file) and mount some winters.

4) if your buying original wheels, then expect to pay full price. Discounts in those wheels work from dealer to dealer, so check around and see what your lowest price is.

Why does this matter?
CAUSE EVERY TIME someone says Lexus has better build quality, one should consider what Toyota their Lexus Engine and chassis platform comes out of and how long that part has been tested in the real world!