Thread: Brake Pads
View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 05:48 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 328i, 330ci, R1200C
Quote:
Originally Posted by SJBimmer View Post
Pagid if you want OEM stopping power, and Akebono if you want less and lighter colored dust, with less initial bite. I like the OEM pads because of the feel. Washing wheels twice a week during the summer is the only downside. Remember, sometimes accidents are avoided by inches, and with OEM pads I can lock em up at 60 with no problem. If you track the car, ceramic might be the better option.

http://www.oembimmerparts.com/category_s/1910.htm
I like OEM stopping power too...so I put on TEXSTAR pads-since that was the OEM pads I took off with Zimmerman rotors and I feel I lost stopping power on my 330ci. Only have about 80 miles on them but I am a little dissappointed so far- maybe the Texstar state side compound is not the same? or is it the Zimmerman rotors? not sure and have not had them long enough to see if they make OEM brake dust and if braking improves.

I put EBC pads with Brembo rotors on my wifes 323i and felt no difference from OEM stopping power.

Not sure yet, but hoping I did not make a mistake with what I thought were OEM Texstar pads with better than OEM rotors?