View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 06:45 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 00-540i
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA540 View Post
Thanks to welcome help from the forum, I'm focused on a 2013 550i, black with beige, and M sport and executive package. Do those who traded from great E 39 models enjoy the new car experience? Is it a happy trade up--or a compromise trade down?

I have some last pangs of parting with the 2002 540i, though I would like the new 2013 technology. Comments welcome. Thanks.
540i response much fast, more feel to the road,more power at any speed and it is very comfortable. But it is old car and need to fix here and there from time to time.
550i is very comfortable and has nice interior and layout, newer technology does make difference to the comfortable levels. But it slower, lag, and feel heavier (vs. the old 540i, which is truly effortless at any speed). I got spoiled by 540i experience and don't personally like the 550i much.
Don't laugh at me for it..., I am now ended up with a Mazda 3, which has 90% of fun from 540i with 1/3 of the cost, and most important to me now, it is trouble free as I don't have time to DIY anymore. The Snow tires match up each other and this is also a plus.