View Single Post
Old 10-02-2012, 08:41 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 1998 528i 4Dr
528 engine sensor connector wiring guide.

Greetings,

Does anyone have a wiring diagram available that shows which connectors connect to which sensors?

My name is Jose F. Medeiros. I grew up in San Jose, California and have lived there since 1972. I am new to the list, and own a 1998 BMW 528 that I bought used with 180,000 miles on it from a friend. This is my second BMW, my first was a 1999 323is that I bought new from Allison BMW in Mountain View, California.

Does anyone have a wiring diagram available that shows which connectors connect to which sensors?

My 1998 BMW overheated a few months back, due to a broken water neck off the BEHR radiator while I was driving. After replacing the Radiator, with a Nissen, I started experiencing coolant loss, and white smoke out the tail pipe, I tried both K&W head gasket sealer, and Blue Devil, both temporary fixes, but helped for a short time.

My motor had 265,000 so it was decided to replace it a few weeks ago with a used motor with 110,000 miles, as the labor was not to be much more then replacing the cylinder head, but after the install, several codes are now popping up using my Peak Research code reader. This forum has been very helpful in helping to identify the issue's. Part of the problem was that the mechanic had plugged in the wrong connecter to the wrong sensor, so I took a chance and reversed them, and eliminated two of the codes OC and the ASC light on the dash not turning off, not to mention the engine runs much better and no longer hesitates. I am still getting a code for OE - Intake Air Temp Sensor and 44 - Evap Systems Purge Control Valve, which I feel is probably the sensor connectors reversed, which I am trying to locate.

Thank you each in advance for your help.

Jose F. Medeiros
http://www.linkedin.com/in/josemedeiros
Advertisement