View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:03 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorenzzo View Post
There is defensiveness here but it isn't mine. I'm looking for a definition of the problem in the context of what is desirable or reasonably expected. And I'm still having a hard time understanding the definition of the problem. I realize it's possible this standard has changed over the years because as I stated there was a time not too long ago where credit was given for the right type of vibration as opposed to wanton. Mercedes lacked any form of vibration but BMW's style was different.

Your assumptions as to my motives are incorrect. Your perspective, as you indicate is that of a fanboy. Miine as I indicated was coming from cameras where the sky is always falling with issues that turn out to trace back to user error. If my assumptions there aren't warranted I apologize.
I was speaking in general terms about many posts in this thread, not targeting you specifically. I was trying to say that feel is good, vibration is bad. From what I gather, people are complaining about a vibration issue, that should not be easily explained aways as a "feature" like road feel. Road feel would never cause a steering wheel to vibrate back and forth on a smooth road.