View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:11 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2006 330i
Quote:
Originally Posted by bt1337 View Post
To the guy that doubts new buyers will be put off by this unresolved issue, I can guarantee you that as a prospective buyer this has me quite worried and it could escalate into a deal breaker.
Agree. My warranty has expired on my RS4 and I'm not interested in aftermarket warranties as they tend to be expensive and have way too much fine print regarding all the stuff that's not covered. I've been in the service department many times, hearing the SA's try to explain to frustrated customers why the repair isn't covered by the shoddy extended warranty they bought. Anyway, I digress.

So, I'm casually in the market for a new car. I've thought about a CPO M3 to replace the thrill I'm used to in the RS4. But honestly, I think I just want a more "normal" car, but still quick and fun to drive. So, I've had my eye on the new F30. But this issue does seem to be pretty widespread. And, as steering vibration is one of my biggest pet peeves, the F30 will be off my list until I hear there is a fix.

I did buy the RS4 knowing that it would have carbon issues. But I was fine with that. It's an extra expense every year, but not something that ruins the driving experience every day. Even the E90 HPFP issue was a nuisance, but didn't ruin the day-to-day driving experience.

To those with this issue, I hope you get a fix soon!