View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 10:34 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2015 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael Schott View Post
How can you say "no question"? There are way to many factors to be certain of this. Remember that the E92 and E93 are at the end of their lives and that probably hurts sales. There still seems to be a shortage of F30's as well which hurts. Price may also be a factor but in reality it makes no sense to judge sales of a car when it really hasn't been available as a full line yet. Lets look back on this in a year to have a large enough sample size and enough time to make a proper evaluation.
I agree, E92 and E93 are at the end of their design cycle, but so are the competitions. I also did not include the sales numbers for the Audi A5, which is technically a A4 coupe. The A5 's sales numbers went up 25.6% last month compare to Sep 2011 and year to date compare to last year went up 10.9%. What is this shortage that everyone is talking about, there are plenty of F30 in dealer lots here in the Northeast. My guess is that F30 sales might be better in a year or two, but thats not due to stock or full line, it will be due to pricing structure. Unfortunately, both the A4 and the C class are due for redesign for the MY 2014 and the 3 series will have stiffer competition.

Last edited by The X Men; 10-03-2012 at 10:38 AM.