View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 11:21 AM
Banned

Mein Auto: car
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmerfan84 View Post
I think everybody misunderstands. Not trying to make a race car.....yet. (When I do I will definitely be looking for an S38 engine or start with a 535i). I'm just trying to give the car I have now a better feel in the pedal. I do any work myself. So I was looking at chipping, intake manifold (heard you could swap this from another motor to improve power), and exhaust. I didn't want to get crazy just a fuller feeling out of the pedal.
You have not tuned your engine as yet. Diesel flush the crankcase, run water/ethanol mix through the brake booster fitting, use 4 claw spark plugs or brisk silver spark plugs, run 1-3 quarts of diesel in your tank mixed immediately with a full tank of regular to clean out your fuel system, change/clean your air filter and fuel filter, use carb cleaner to ensure that your throttle body is free of carbon, make sure there are no vacuum leaks and no problems with the valve cover gasket, make sure that your rear diff and transmission oil is not dirty, use good thicker oil 40 or 50 weight to improve sealing in your engine, inflate the tires properly, go for a few WOT runs, and then see what your car feels like.

Make sure your tensioners and belts are tight and your pulleys are secure. Spray fan belt spray everywhere for good measure. Remove the fan clutch (test your aux fan first on both settings to confirm that it works perfectly, details in the Bentley manual). Then drive and see what your car feels like.

Then decide if needs any boosting.

Last edited by robertobaggio20; 10-03-2012 at 11:24 AM.