Quote:
Originally Posted by 5seriesHB View Post
Wow that was such a passionate post "gjohnsten"
ur tone we can hear it across the pond...lol
Breathe breathe....
I 2 can 2nd z51vettes critique of the AD model only for the 2009 yr
Msport model
I did test drive a 2009 msport 4.8 with AD
It felt so different in what I'm use to. So I think right off the bat I was like wow I don't like this
It "felt" heavy not that it was but felt heavy at first
And tough to maneuver around turns. like someone was pulling the opposite way on the steering wheel as i was turning. That may have been the AD option as
opposed to regular sport package. Now that i think about it maybe it had active steering as well
That model yr in the x5 for me was a loud heavy car w not enough power to weight ratio for my taste.. sorry if that offends u , not my intention at all.
My only regret is that I did not test drive it longer
I may have gotten used to it but I doubt it
Ps the roads were incredibly smooth where I was so I could not say regarding comfort on rough roads
Irvine ca not exactly a rough and tumble town
I could not wait to get out of that x5
Cheers mate
Rob
No offends taken I believe your testcar maybe was equipped with ekstra wide tires, and aftermarked rims?..Or Wrong airpressure, defective servopump etc.. To wide tires will transform the car into a heavy feeling hard to manouvre car..

To my knowledge, the 2009 and the 2011 (which you are raving about) has excatly the same AD suspension and steering...Wrong wheel inprees, tire pressure, to wide tires can ruin the performance of this car..Your test car has by the way the same set of staggered 227 M wheels as mine;-)..Very nice, but I admit that the 20" look better, but the 19" ride and comfort is better, IMO...