View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:38 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
Since most buyers just walk into a dealership and buy a car off the lot, you'd have to compare typical price of cars on the lot. Dunno if that's higher though.

The competition is tough, and BMWs drive more and more like the competition. A '95 3 series didn't drive like any Toyota, Lexus, Audi or Nissan, it was a very unique driving experience. Today, you could blindfold drivers and they probably couldn't pick out the BMW.
There is a raft of options available on the F30 that weren't previously available that are going to cause these cars to have higher prices when they are so equipped. That is exactly why it's useful to look at comparably equipped past models to get a fair perspective on what is behind the higher prices of today's cars.

That people can't tell a BMW driving experience from that of other brands is not supported by the frequent threads posted here by new buyers expressing their excitement over how their car drives and stating they will never go back.

btw - it's MUCH LESS a case of BMWs driving like the competition than it is the competition driving more like a BMW.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtc100 View Post
The new MY C Class actually has some significant updates inside, which may explain why it is now the top seller in this segment.

If MY transition is to blame, the C Class transition seems much well executed.
The C Class didn't make a transition. It got a facelift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by need4speed View Post
The f30 is so evolutionary vis a vie the e90 there is nothing to make me want to run out and buy one. When the e9x came out and I compared it to my e46, I had to have one. Now, I really don't see much advantage. N4S
Every other redesign is more "revolutionary". This one is "evolutionary". This is BMW's stated SOP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by boltjaM3s View Post
And since the E90 sold so well, it's a matter of waiting for those millions of leases to expire and those owners to transition right into the F30. It's a great car, nothing about it would make an E90 owner unhappy, quite the opposite in fact, BMW will have a huge conversion rate. The biggest group of potential F30 owners are presently in E90 leases.

BJ
This is true.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
The C class was refresh for the 2012 model year and the A4 had a minor refresh for 2013. Keep in mind, a refresh is not the same as a redesign, it rarely generates as much increase in sales as a full redesign. Its almost like MB and Audi is sent in their AAA minor baseball team against BMW's major league team and MB and Audi have had some good innings.
fixed

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 10-03-2012 at 12:44 PM.