View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 650 coupe SE, V8 4runner
Quote:
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
Yes - the comments are contradictory. He wants incentives - but complains that resale is bad. 6 series has features that are on cars half the price - yet he still will get a 6 series even though it is much more expensive.

From what I've read, it sounds like just wanting to get a deal better than others and justifying it with unassociated ideas. I don't say there's anything wrong with wanting the best deal out there, but just that the arguments presented are inconsistent, and that the only thing I can come up with is being greedy for the best deal.
Yes, I do want the best deal, maybe you don't. Don't like incentives? Go right ahead and pay sticker. And check the data- the resale/depreciation- has always been lousy on the 6 series even before large customer incentives, I understand that going in, but still love the car.
And are you suggesting pay a higher price for it to try to keep the resale up? Ridiculous.
And some things about BMW are hard to swallow , such as I mentioned about options that should be standard. It can be argued that BMW is being greedy, looking for huge profits, but I guess that's ok with you. As one of the other posts said, you don't become financially successful by giving it away......