View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 01:26 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 ActiveHybrid 7 SWB
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjoed2 View Post
Yes, I do want the best deal, maybe you don't. Don't like incentives? Go right ahead and pay sticker.
I think you're putting words into my mouth - I never said your or I should pay sticker. I said if you want the best deal, wait. If you need a car now, you can go in and work with your dealer and pick up a car with the current incentives.

Yes - I don't want the best deal. That is because I'm not prepared to miss out on the better things in life by thinking they'll be cheaper down the road. I'll be the first to admit that I've overpaid for many things (including my current BMW), and underpaid for quite a bit more. Sure, I'll do my research, and often be patient for the deal, but when I don't get it, or see someone get a better deal, I don't think it's unfair, blame the seller, say something is overpriced etc.

But to me it's not how much I paid for something - it's what I was able to get out of it that is most important to me. It's a little sad - I've been on the Bimmerfest boards for 10 years+ give or take, and I've seen a lot of the enthusiasm for the cars been changed to a lot about how good a deal is (or not). From what I've seen over the years, by just having spent a couple of hours/days on these boards, the vast majority of people I would guess have gotten 80% of the potential savings at least of the best deal possible for their car - meaning if the best deal is $5000 off, then most folks would have gotten at least $4000 off. Just a guess on my part, but I'll put it out there. It's personally strange that people get upset over a few hundred dollars on a $50K+ purchase.

Bottom line - be happy, either way. If the deal works, get the car. If not, keep your cash.

3/12 ED 7 - thread ID 610350
1/11 ED 6 - thread ID 5767556&postcount=175
4/10 ED 5 - thread ID 453501
5/08 ED 4 - thread ID 290679
3/07 ED 3 - thread ID 201013
3/06 ED 2 - thread ID 136454

Last edited by chrischeung; 10-03-2012 at 02:14 PM.