View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:33 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
There absolutely are enthusiast as far as BMW is concerned. They are very aware of that market, understand that that is the demographic that built the brand and they are very concerned with loosing them.

That being said BMW realizes that that market is interested in performance but also expects a certain amount of creature comforts and luxury features. The issue that I had with my 335i with the stock suspension and the RFTs was that it was a Sports/Luxury car that had serious deficiencies in both categories,

As I have stated here numerous times a good handling car does not have to have a rock hard suspension that shakes the fillings out of your teeth and damages the car when a poor surface is encountered.

If BMW goes too far in either direction (not enough performance in the name of comfort or not enough comfort in name of performance) they are going to loose sales. It is a delicate balance and the brand that pulls it off the best will sell very well.

CA
Thank you for this post.

I do want to point out your 335i sport package model is the most heavy-ass E9x 3er there is and exceedingly few complained as vehemently as you have. I have a sport package E90 and I am perfectly happy with its suspension. In fact, as a result of my experience attending my first BMW driving event for the introduction of the E90, the superior driving dynamics are exactly why I bought my '06 E90 330i, RFTs and all.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **