View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by captainaudio View Post
I tend to keep my cars for a very long time (if I like them). I kept my Lexus SC300 from 1992 to 2007 (and put 120,000 milles on it) and then shopped for and bought a BMW when I was in the new car market.
CA
Me, too. But we are the exception. 120,000 miles in 15 years. 8,000 miles per year. That also makes it easier to keep a car longterm.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris90 View Post
It's got 92k miles, not that low. Of course I haven't track it like the E36 so that could be why it feels fresher.

I'm sure that's part of it (hard economic times) but I also read that modern cars are a lot more reliable than in the past.

It just seems to me like 3 series sales should be going up, not down. Hard to believe it's all just due to inventory issues.
92,000 is fairly low for a 2004 model. It was low mileage when you bought it. Looks like you've done a little over 11k per year.

Did you see my post about X3 series sales this year v last year. F30 sales have barely begun.

Then and Than are different words and they are not interchangeable.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **