Bimmerfest - BMW Forums - View Single Post - October 2012 BMWFS Sales Support Programs
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:13 PM
mrjoed2 mrjoed2 is offline
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest
Location: Florida
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 1,792
Mein Auto: 650 M coupe, Infiniti Q50
Originally Posted by chrischeung View Post
I think you're putting words into my mouth - I never said your or I should pay sticker. I said if you want the best deal, wait. If you need a car now, you can go in and work with your dealer and pick up a car with the current incentives.

Yes - I don't want the best deal. That is because I'm not prepared to miss out on the better things in life by thinking they'll be cheaper down the road. I'll be the first to admit that I've overpaid for many things (including my current BMW), and underpaid for quite a bit more. Sure, I'll do my research, and often be patient for the deal, but when I don't get it, or see someone get a better deal, I don't think it's unfair, blame the seller, say something is overpriced etc.

But to me it's not how much I paid for something - it's what I was able to get out of it that is most important to me. It's a little sad - I've been on the Bimmerfest boards for 10 years+ give or take, and I've seen a lot of the enthusiasm for the cars been changed to a lot about how good a deal is (or not). From what I've seen over the years, by just having spent a couple of hours/days on these boards, the vast majority of people I would guess have gotten 80% of the potential savings at least of the best deal possible for their car - meaning if the best deal is $5000 off, then most folks would have gotten at least $4000 off. Just a guess on my part, but I'll put it out there. It's personally strange that people get upset over a few hundred dollars on a $50K+ purchase.

Bottom line - be happy, either way. If the deal works, get the car. If not, keep your cash.
I hear you -I'm not blaming the seller, but you have to admit BMW must see a problem with the 6 series price if they are offering $13,000 off 1 month into the model year. They won't move many without incentives IMO. And since I am in no hurry, I'm willing to wait until the optimum time to buy - I guess the hype leading up to the Oct deals had me going.
In addition I will likely special order & PCD, but my goal is still to maximize the deal. Don't buy something at this level to often, if you know what I mean. And if I can get that $2000-2500 end of year incentive, money in my pocket, not insignificant.

Last edited by mrjoed2; 10-03-2012 at 03:15 PM.
Reply With Quote