View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:38 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: 2012 535xi 2013 X3 35i
Quote:
Originally Posted by tturedraider View Post
Are you aware of the average age of those who buy a new 3 Series? Nowhere near "fresh grad" age. And I'll say it one more time. Unless you choose to buy all the new latest and greatest technology options that are now available on the F30, the F30 is no more expensive than a fully loaded E90 was.

The price issue is a red herring. Just as it was the many times it was brought up during the E9x model run; the most successful 3er ever.
MSRP is a bit different than what one can actually buy the car for. My wife was shopping for a car about 8 months ago, we test both the E90 and the F30. Similarly equipped, the F30 cost about $8000 more when all is said and done.

I am not a statistician, but if one look at the current trend, it sure looks like the 3 series is losing market share and will continue to do so unless some changes are made by BMW or the competition. Almost all newly redesign cars enjoy a upward trend in sales numbers, some times as high as a few hundres percent compare in a year ago. I think price certianly have something to do with the sales down trend, price is always a factor.