View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 03:50 PM
Freedom isn't free!!

Mein Auto: '06 Sonora/Beige 330i :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by The X Men View Post
MSRP is a bit different than what one can actually buy the car for. My wife was shopping for a car about 8 months ago, we test both the E90 and the F30. Similarly equipped, the F30 cost about $8000 more when all is said and done.

I am not a statistician, but if one look at the current trend, it sure looks like the 3 series is losing market share and will continue to do so unless some changes are made by BMW or the competition. Almost all newly redesign cars enjoy a upward trend in sales numbers, some times as high as a few hundres percent compare in a year ago. I think price certianly have something to do with the sales down trend, price is always a factor.
You're comparing a brand new model to an outgoing model with heavy manufacturer incentive support.

You're perfectly entitled to think what you'd like about the sales numbers. I doubt BMW cares one iota what anyone here speculates about their sales numbers. This thread has gone way too long and I've contributed to that way too much. I'm out.

"People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf." -- Geo. Orwell

2006 330i Sonora w/ ActiveAutoWerke flash tune :-)
2004 330i ZHP Imola/NB - missed
2000 328i TiAg - gone but not forgotten

** Join the BMW CCA www.bmwcca.org
member #388003 - Use me as a referral & you could win a one day ///M Driving School!! **

Last edited by tturedraider; 10-03-2012 at 03:52 PM.