View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 06:31 PM
bimmerfest Supporting Member

Mein Auto: '13 F10 535i (loaner)
Argument with my dealer

I've had my '11 E90 for over a year and it has less than 10K miles...5K now (I'm retired). The "service-based indicator" does not yet indicate an oil change yet...about 1k to go. I'm not an "oil freak" and have a lease.

As an aside, my oil level hasn't changed at all...still showing FULL!

My dealer called me today URGING ME to come in for an oil change. I asked them why, since the service-based indicator said otherwise. They gave some rather "fuzzy" explanation...saying that the oil should be changed after one year. OK. I asked them if they would re-set the service indicator. "Fuzzy" explanation again!

Nevertheless, I made an appointment with them and will MAKE SURE they re-set the service indicator.

BMW dealers must have some financial incentive from BMW NA to do this work!

Since they are QUITE FAR AWAY from me, I also insisted that they do the oil change while I wait...I DON'T WANT a loaner, and want the service done promptly. They "guaranteed" this. We'll see how it goes.

All this seems quite contrary to what other 'festers have reported: Oil changes done "under" the service based indicator were either refused, or the service indicator wasn't re-set!

Strange how different dealers treat this.
E46 M3 6MT
E39 528i 5MT
MBz W140 S320
MBz W124 300E (slammed)
(unmentionables in between)
'71 AMC Javelin (4-Spd Stick on the floor)
'67 Pontiac Firebird 'cabrio' (1st car - "the leaker")
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Member: BMW CCA
Ads by Google