View Single Post
Old 10-03-2012, 09:16 PM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: Z4M Coupe, 540i,Silverado
wow

Quote:
Originally Posted by nwilson44 View Post
So I noticed the leaky covers too. Are those hard to do yourself? I'm bringing my BMW mechanic with me if I buy it so hopefully he will point out any major things. How can you check clutch wear if it doesn't run?

Sent from my PH44100 using Bimmer App
YOU CAN"T...

Now if you're getting a great deal..not running hopefully it is an OUTSTANDING DEAL. But, by using the forum and the knowledge here you will learn a lot and will be able to do almost everything yourself. If you're gonna be taking your car to a mechanic, I hope you have a great JOB. It will get expensive very expensive.

Read through the forum, not just pop in one thread and ask a question, look back and 'read' pages and pages of forum threads, you will learn an immense amount of information...

Pay particular attention to guys like Bluebee and Chivas...CN90 those guys frequently come to mind as the go to guys...Although there are many real nice folks.

Invest in a Bentleys manual and get to Harbor Freight and start buying tools ...

There are other forums to frequent too...but this one is the best I've found.

Good Luck and be prepared to LEARN a LOT! At 18 your mind is about ready to be opened with y our wallet...but once you get it right, the car will put a smile on your face everytime you drive it...