View Single Post
Old 10-04-2012, 12:08 AM
Officially Welcomed to the 'Fest

Mein Auto: '06 X3
The shops (dealers) around here do not seem adverse to running the VIN for you, but don't expect to get a print out. What they will do is tell you what has been done to the car both repair and maintentance wise at a BMW dealership. This is valuable info and they are usually pretty forthcoming as the shop wants you as a customer. Most service centers run "specials" from time to time that are pretty decent values, such as an oil change for $79, etc. Hard to beat that at an indy. Getting a potential new customer on their mailing list for this sort of thing is why the service advisors are usually pretty helpful. I have an '06 bought new that now has 86K miles on it. After 50K miles (and the end of the warranty) things started to go south. I had to replace both front struts, a fuel return valve, MAS, and now have small leaks in the rear end, valve cover, and the air conditioner is not putting out enough cold air. This is in addition to the usual new brakes, and upcoming tires it will require. I am holding off as long as possible until the new Q5 diesel shows up early next year. The car is a horrible riding beast over rough roads, so be sure you take a long test drive with your wife over some nasty pavement bits. It can jerk the latte out of your pax side cupholder if you hit the right pot hole! Good luck!